Saturday, March 3, 2012

Quiet Corral

"Feeling low, feeling low
Like lead in my bones
Feeling low, feeling low
But I'll follow hope
Underneath each stream is a traveled gravel road."
-Quiet Corral

I went into downtown Hollywood to hear this band this week. This quotation is part of a song that I really loved called "The River." It was about change, and about feeling swept along, unsure of where you're going. But it also talks about how there's something hopeful in the swift current of the stream, a constant aspect to its flow. Sometimes I feel so swept up and along, but if I follow hope, I'll realize that underneath my feet I'm really on solid ground that's been traveled many times before.

I really liked this band. Extremely talented, cute boys from Kansas who don't have any notion of fame, but just love their art. They were kind and humble and happy, with an innocence that did not mar maturity. They made me appreciate the simplicity of being alive -- that we get to experience beauty and express that beauty through music... painting... writing... to give to others, for no other reason than God is good.

No comments: