Monday, July 2, 2012

Things that make me happy tonight...

Tonight I'm thankful. I'm thankful for the Les Miserables Broadway music that gets stuck in my head. I'm happy because of all the good movies coming out in December (The Hobbit, Anna Karenina, Great Gatsby, Les Mis, Ender's Game), and because I have a sister who gets just as excited to watch the trailers as I do. I'm thankful for biographies telling the true stories of those who changed the world-- like Steve Jobs with his intersection between aesthetics and technology. I'm thankful that I have happy childhood memories, and that simply watching an old Cary Grant movie brings it all back. I grateful there are so many stories from history to learn from, and new ones to tell. I'm happy that there are superhero movies, canoes and sailboats, dogs that snore, small towns, churches, and small kids who wear glasses.  I am happy because such a thing as libraries exist. I'm thankful for long conversations around the dinner table, and for friends who make me feel utterly comfortable in my own skin. I'm happy for the cool breeze on a summer evening, and having all the doors and windows open. Tonight, I'm happy for these things.

No comments: